Monday, January 23, 2012

Grandpa's Ties

Grandpa's ties have a special place in my home.

 I finally have a place to showcase a wonderful memory of my grandfather.  He always wore such great ties.  I am sure at one time they were quite stylish, ;) they were always what caught my eye with him.  When he passed away several years ago I only asked for his ties. I was glad to get them and then I needed to find a way to display them. I created this door knob hanger out of a reclaimed piece of cedar and old door knobs headed for the dumpster. I love this piece whether it hold jackets, hats, or ties.  I also use the ties for curtain tie backs.  These are the ones I have up for Christmas and soon will exchange them out for spring.  My children love them and have hung up their own ties.  The small orange one is my newest son's.
See me at







No comments:

Post a Comment