Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Planting Succulents in a hurricane

I finally moved into a house with light and loving the idea of indoor plants.  Plants just make the home feel good.  I found these succulent plants at New Seasons while grocery shopping, for a great deal.  I just had to get some to plant.  I was heading for a terrarium and really was not ready for all that goes into that, so this is my compromise.  I love how they turned out.
This is what you need..
Succulents of various shapes and colors for contrast.
A glass jar, hurricane, or vase.
Potting solid and rocks for drainage.
I chose to go to the dollar store and found a bag of polished rocks.  It adds to the design.
Yes I do use an old spoon, it makes it easier to position the dirt around the plants.  Finish with some dried moss.






I did this last week and I am surprised how quickly they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment