Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY baby toys

I hope all of you had a great Easter.  I spent today going through all those bunnies and eggs and packed them away.  Now on to more projects.  Spring means cleaning and organizing.  My little man is about 6 months and ready to play.  I decided to make some baby toys instead of buying toys at $10 or more at a pop!  That is really just to much for me right now.  Besides, this is my last and I won't be using the toys for any more children, I might as well save some money.  I pulled out some fabric I already had and put together some designs.  I started with drawing out what I wanted.  I wanted simple and easy to sew.  I have found that sewing with an infant is one of the more difficult crafts to do. 

I simply drew out a shape on printer paper.  Cut and pin to fabric. { Ikea has white blanket for $2.50, great for projects and soft, too.}
 I cut out my pieces and sewed them together. I got the idea for monster rattles from Pinterest. They are a bit different than the ones I pinned but there are some good ideas there.
 I did use some bells that I sealed in small cardboard boxes for a rattle in each.  I wanted to make sure they were well sealed in case it ripped open they would not be a choking hazard. 
 Little man loves the ribbons,  he can easily grab them and stuff it in his mouth.
 I used a chip bag for a crinkle noise in this one.  I sewed it in.


 I also sewed on tags from the craft store to add the last touch.  I love the way they turned out.  I just wish I had more time for sewing projects now that I am in the mood for it.

Linked at
Follow Me on Pinterest Photobucket
Pincushion Creations

2 comments:

  1. With rising pet ownership among US households and more owners humanizing their pets, online pet supply store have fared well over the five years baby toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.Also visit my site licenced baby clothing & productsbaby clothing Welcome to babyandmumstore where you can shop for many of your baby and kids clothing and accessories.

    ReplyDelete