Sunday, February 19, 2012

Easy Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

For years I used a detergent and never had any problems until I decided to stop ordering online and try store bought brands.  Costco was tempting with 2 big green bottles that would seem to last forever.  They did last forever because I did not like the results at all.  I went through Cascade and Finish, which I like but expensive.  With trying many brands it just got to the point that I was going to pay more.  I decided to make my own and I was surprised at how easy it is to make and how much I liked it.  I have had no problems with how it works or the cost.

1 Part Borax
1 Part Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
Scent, I used a pineapple.

Smells great and works great for less than a Dollar for a large batch.  Use 2 tablespoons per wash. Of course, I used what was left over from the Laundry Detergent and for Scrub cleaner. 

You can use Vinegar in the compartment for the rinse cycle if you have water spots.  I have not had any problems with them. 
I used a label from the Graphicsfairy, she has great graphics for labels and other projects.  Click her button on my side bar and see what she has for you.
Happy Cleaning!!
I always love to hear from you so leave a comment.  Please feel free to pin me.

Here is the recipe for  Homemade Laundry Detergent.
Check out laundry tips too.
See me linked at Mushki Loves


  1. very nice information you are doing a great job
    Painting Company

  2. Thanks for stopping in and commenting.
    Tricia @seekingecochic

  3. Hi! Thank you for linking up at Mushki Loves! I featured both if the projects you linked up! The post/new party will be up at 5:00 pm. Stop by and grab a Mushki Loves My Stuf button if you want!

    Have a great night!