Monday, February 20, 2012

Ooey, Gooey, Gross, Slimey

I have learned with boys that Slimey, gross, and gooey, are a part of my life.  I might as well embrace it.  It all started with a trip to Dollar tree and my oldest son bought Green Goo.  My youngest wanted some and we already left.  So we went home to start making him Goo. 

We started out easy making Flubber goo.




1 cup warm water
2 tsp Borax
Add in white glue

The Borax water reacts with the glue to make a bouncy, spongy, Flubber.  You can add food coloring to make it even more Gross. If your boys ar elike mine the grosser the better.

Next we did a more simple project my daughter offered in. Apparently it was a Fifth grade project.

1/2 cup Corn starch
Water

Just add in water to the starch to get the consistancy you want.  It acts very strange as it seems wet yet it is very rubbery.  It also will act like a solid and then turn runny.  It is fun to watch how it changes instantly.  Add in coloring of  course.

Static electricity Gooey

2 cups veg oil
2/3 cup Corn starch
Wool sweater or sock

Mix together and pour into wool sock or sleave.
Rub and roll to collect static
Pour into a glass and hold sideways, hold a styrofoam block that is rubbed against your clothes out side the glass and the static will pull the goo out.

You can also try this with just water. Turn the faucet on a steady small stream. 
Rub styrofoam on your head or clothes to create static.
Hold up next to the stream to see it move away from the  foam.

I may not be able to buy cute flowers and tutu's, play Barbie's and dress up.  I do love science experiments, building Lego's, and dress up in superhero costumes.  I love my boys and it is fun.  Embrace to Ooey, Gooey, Gross, and Slimey inside you.


See me at these link party's



you are talking too muchhttp://diyhshp.blogspot.com/





Pincushion Creations

1 comment:

  1. Cool! My oldest boy just made some of this at school and my youngest was very sad e didn't have any. Now I can make him some, too. I'll have two very happy boys, thanks!

    ReplyDelete