Monday, March 12, 2012

Grape Crate and Barrel Inspired


Here is a Thrift store find I really wanted and needed. Since I recovered my ottoman I want to protect it from the drinks everyone sets on it. This tray is just what I needed.  When I saw this tray at Crate and Barrel, I knew I wanted a bright, glossy, and color for this tray.
 

 As you can see it was a pretty standard color and I had some room to match the fabric.  Green was maybe too much on the edge so Grape it is.
 I love the way it turned out.  I love grape and have a few other ideas for it in other places.  With spring coming it is time to add in some bright colors.

Let me know what you think!
http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/03/pininspirational-thursday-26-linky.html?showComment=1332392975772#c107718710284196478

http://www.threemangoseeds.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Super cute, are you buying lots of paint or do you have a ton on hand? Is there a specific kind you reccomend for wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy the grape but I do have paint on hand being a painter. For small projects like htis you can use spray paint, it costs about $3.50. Otherwise you would need to prime and paint. With primer latex or oil can be used. Semi Gloss is best for wood.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for coming to my blog hop! I love meeting new people and your blog is awesome! I am now following you on Linky and I hope you stop by again for another hop soon. Have a fantastic week.
    http://fireplacedecorating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I can't believe the amount of projects you are able to get done. You say you have no time... or is it that Taylor is just holding the baby, lol.

    ReplyDelete