Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grilled Romaine Salad


 
This is a new salad I wanted to try and when my sister called to find out how I made it I thought it might be good to post.  With our crazy weather this week I did not grill it but it can be done stove top or grill easily.           

Rinse and dry romaine. Cut off end and  Sprinkle pan with oil of your choosing.  I like Grape seed Oil as it is best for medium heat.  Olive oil will work fine.  I let it sit for 5 minutes on medium heat and turn it.  It will wilt some on the edges of the leaves.
Once it is done on all sides, about 10 minutes, drizzle with oil and sprinkle lime juice.  Salt and pepper and it's done.  Simple but so nice with a warm touch to a salad, nice for colder nights.


Pair with Seasoned chicken breast and potato's.  Great healthy meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment